Formed in Ontario in 1978, the Association has grown into a national group comprised of Food Service Directors and Managers from self-operated and contracted schools, as well as Senior Administrators that oversee Food Services as part of their portfolio.
CCUFSA is divided into three regions - East, Central and West. Each region is represented by two regional Vice-Presidents, elected at our national conference and tradeshow.
The name of this organization shall be the Canadian College and University Food Service Association, and shall hereafter be known as the Association.
The purpose of the Association shall be:
- To bring food service officers of member institutions, meaningful association without regard to sex, race, colour, creed or national origin.
- To contribute to the improvement and co-ordination, administration, educational programming, and food service operations for students and staff members in secondary educational institutions.
- To sponsor the activities and services which will aid members and provide them with a means to exchange and distribute professional information and ideas relating to the physical, financial, social and educational phase of food service programs of post-secondary educational institutions.
- To support and encourage the professional development of food service personnel.
CCUFSA Membership – BENEFITS
Being a member of CCUFSA provides you and your institution access to the following valuable services:
- Annual national conference and showcase, hosted by a different member university each year
- Annual Winter Workshop
- Visiting Directors’ Evaluation (VDE)
- CCUFSA Magazine
- Member directory
- Co-op purchasing opportunities
- Industry-related job postings
- Online discussions via our membership listserv
- Benchmarking and pricing surveys, and other research information
- Awards and scholarships
- Ongoing networking opportunities with industry peers from coast to coast